RVN REGISTERED VETERINARY NURSE
We currently require a Full Time RVN registered Veterinary Nurse.
The role encompasses the following :
- Take animals on arrival, weigh and place in holding kennel
- Ensure all baskets / boxes etc. owned by the client are labelled and identifiable
- Hold animals for blood samples to be taken and giving premeds
- Process in-house Vettest
- Hold animals for Vet to anaesthetise
- Check animals during operation for correct breathing
- Clean instruments after operations
- Check animals recovering from anaesthetics; advise Veterinary Surgeon of any problems
- Ensure animals are clean whilst in kennels prior to discharge
- Clean out and disinfect kennels after use
- Wash floors and surfaces in operation room, consulting room, dark room, boiler room, prep room, x-ray room, grooming room and cage rooms
- Ensure that all other areas with the exception of the reception area are maintained in a clean and tidy condition
- Label cages for the following day’s operations
- Clean medical equipment
- Ensure correct collection of clinical waste
- Train Nursing Staff as required in above duties
- Give injections
- Prepare animals for operations including shaving and cleaning
- Carryout in-house blood and urine tests
- Take x-rays and process films
- Any other duties requested by a Veterinary Surgeon to meet the needs of the business
- Order drugs
- Check deliveries
- Check suppliers invoices – ensure invoices for goods received are signed and dated by staff checking them (not just initialled)
- Keep informed of new products available
- Source products
- Sell pet products, including food
- Promote ancillary services (Pet Insurance, Puppy progress, Weight Clinics etc)
- Maintain stock levels of pet products
- Maintain general cleanliness of premises and kennels
- Ensure Consulting Rooms are tidy before each surgery
- Ensure external areas of Surgery, including any surgery owned car parks, are litter free
- Cleaning rota
- Maintain accurate client records in accordance with current practice procedures
- Ensure client charges, payments and receipts are maintained in accordance with current practice procedures
- Balance till at start and end of shift when on reception duty
Other duties when required:
- Answer the telephone on reception
- Make client appointments
- Answer general enquires from clients
- Ensure client records are maintained in accordance with current procedures
- Operate computer in accordance with current procedures
- Ensure Practice management is aware of client dissatisfaction, complaints, suggestions etc.
- Collect and deliver animals in ambulance if required.
Please apply by providing your current CV ; notice period and salary details to email@example.com
VETERINARY SURGEONS REQUIRED
We currently have an exciting opportunity for one full time and one part time Vet to join our friendly and supportive team to help manage our increasing client base.
We are a small animal 10 vet practice with RCVS GP status and nurse training centre with digital xray, endoscope, in-house lab etc offering a high standard of care. Full work ups are encouraged and expected by our clients. We are looking for enthusiastic, team players with excellent communication and clinical skills and a professional approach to client care.
Currently a 1/8 rota which could change to 1/10 with suitable candidates, allowing plenty of time off to enjoy hill-walking, skiing or city life locally. Certificate holder welcome or study encouraged.
To apply or for more details on the position please contact Karan Adams by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01224 749191.